Saturday, July 20, 2013

TURNING ONE

It seems like just yesterday that your dad was handing you to me for the first time. I remember the moment i laid eyes on you thinking you looked identical to Gage. Dark hair, cheeks for days, cute button nose, pointy chin, arms rolls. You looked like one of my babies. You WERE one of my babies! I recognized your strong kicks in my arms. I have a feeling you weren’t so sure you were ready to come out of your hot tub. I held you close and kissed you to remind you I was still right there.

A lot like the day you were born, on the day you turned one, I found myself holding you even closer, and kissing you more. I wasn't ready for you to grow up. But regardless, the party must go on. We celebrated in the park, under our favorite tree. Your grandma and grandpa came, along with your aunties, uncle jake, and your cousins. We ate bratwurst with chimichurri sauce, you had a bun and seemed pretty happy. You refused to leave your daddy's side, but he loved it. 



After finishing your frosting on your cupcake, we headed home. It was on our way home that I noticed some dried red blood in your ear. My heart dropped. We ran you to Urgent Care immediately. A few hours later, it turns out those fevers you had had the last few days were not from teething after all. Your 104.7 fever could only be explained by two ear infections and a burst eardrum. I felt awful. You hadn't shown any signs of pain, nor indicators that your ears were uncomfortable. You are one tough baby. Here's to being One! lets hope it only gets better from here!



No comments:

Post a Comment