Thursday, January 3, 2013

6 MONTHS


You weigh a whopping 18lbs 13oz. You officially weigh nearly 2 pounds heavier than every other baby we know around your age. Everyone agrees, you are solid.

This month you mastered an army crawl. The moment the Christmas tree went up you were doing laps. I would put you my room, minutes later you were attacking the bows on all of the presents, and then we would start over. I started to regret putting the presents out so early.

You sit up now, but you hate it. You are normally whining or crying because you can't figure out how to get back on your tummy. You like that you are mobile, it means you can reach whatever you want, and momma doesn't normally put you close to anything while you are sitting.

The spitting up has not slowed, and your nana is giving me no sympathy. Dr. Schmidt says that most babies grow out of this by the time they are 8 months so we have to wait before he will even consider medication. I think all of our clothes, and our over worked washing machine are pretty sad about it.

You love to be held more than anything in the world. Papa came to visit and everyone was amazed how long you would stay happy beyond your nap time as he bounced you for hours.

You are eating pureed vegetables. Sweet potatoes are your favorite. 2/3 of the way through a vegetable you start making sour faces, but if I mix in another flavor you can down close to 7 oz. You still prefer to have bottles, because bottles equal cuddles.

You have this special way of really bugging your brother. You seemed to be obsessed with anything he is touching and you maul him until you can touch it too. Cries are inevitable, but never from you, always from Gage who knows he is not allowed to push or shove you, but is struggling with learning how to share.

Your most favorite toy in the whole world a a string, or anything that resembles string, like hair.

I love your little personality. I love that you have developed a little stranger danger and that you need me. I love that you can smile with a binky in, and that you have a fake cry and a fake laugh. I love that you are healthy and strong, so so strong. It is such a joy to watch you grow, but I am ready for you to stop.












No comments:

Post a Comment